Sf HomElEss and PresidEntIAl eleCTion

Sf HomElEss and PresidEntIAl eleCTion



The politics in America: electoral campaign, debates, supporters. San Francisco democratic soul doesn't have doubts. There is Obama, "more four years" they yelled. I lived all the electoral season, and I've never, ever, seen such a crowed pub where people followed debates, while they were drinking beers and spirits. Americans.
But my desire to interview someone who lives on the edge of the society was more important than interviewing some random supporter. I would like to meet who observes the reality for its primary values. One who tries to live day by day, and hope to succeed. It's not hard to try to find them out. There are many homeless around the city, they occupy Tenderloin's sidewalks. "Some coins, sir" they repeat continuously. Or you can find artists, musicians, or improvised cabaret man.
San Francisco: City of Welcome. San Francisco, United Nations city, helps everybody, more or less. Doesn't matter who you are, doesn't matter where you are from. Volunteers give food, clothes, support.
Just here you can find nerd managers, hippies, omosex, nudists, yuppies, trans, and lesbians all together, it's not a big deal. I believed to be an open minded person. I've had to change my mind. I grown up in the Italian culture, made of feelings of guilt and compromises, and where I am from, it's a little town near Rome, "the summer residence of the Pope", it's not Vatican but we are close enough!

See you soon and don't be shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment